Re: Visible-Surface Determination

Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:06:48 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Subject: Re: Visible-Surface Determination
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:06:48 +0200 (MET DST)

> I came across an article that I thought might be of interest:
>
> "Inside Quake: Visible-Surface Determination"
> by Michael Abrash
> Dr. Dobb's Sourcebook, January/February 1996, #255
> Ramblings In Real Time, pp. 41-45
>

> Derek Nickel

Thanks for reminding me - I had completely forgotten.

IIRC, sources are at ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/MikeAB/ddjclip.zip.

DDJ can be found at :
http://www.ddj.com

and, again from memory, they have the source available, too, but
not the article. There are other BSP related articles from 1995,
including one by Mike Abrash (ddjbsp2.zip, and May/June, again
from memory).

I will have to add the pointers to the Quake Developers pages.
However, the article itself is copyrighted, and not one of those
available at the DDJ site. If somebody does have a copy, perhaps
we could get a summary of some kind. There is a README in the
source archive.

b.