Re: rendering question

Sun, 21 Apr 1996 08:22:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 08:22:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Subject: Re: rendering question

> In other words, how
> do I find which leaf is the actual leaf the camera is in?

Use the BSP. Start at the root, do a dot product of camera
position vector and plane normal, compare with distance
to origin. This gives you wether you are in the left or
right subtree/halfspace. Repeat with the appropriate
child node, until you reach a leaf. Done.

I keep wondering wether Quake does this for any moving
object for each frame... does anybody have any insights
on how actual "EntityInLeaf" information is maintained?