RE: Map Files

Olivier Montanuy (montanuy@lsun80.lannion.cnet.fr)
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:50:54 +0200

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:50:54 +0200
From: Olivier Montanuy <montanuy@lsun80.lannion.cnet.fr>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: RE: Map Files

>What I need to know is how would you take a list of planes and turn that
>into a list of vertices and lines (a convex polyhedron)?
sounds like the kind of stuff that happens in the simplex's algorithm (a classic
stuff used in optimisation).
No idea how id does this, but the result isn't perfect (many duplicated
segment references). I assume most vertex will appear naturally when doing
the BSP splitting.

>// The sign of R is chosen opposite to the sign of D when D!=0, the same
I wonder why the heck you would want to change the sign of r.
It's positive. Else your normal vector will be inverted.