Re: QuakeEd 1.2 upload/

Thu, 6 Jun 1996 17:13:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 17:13:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Subject: Re: QuakeEd 1.2 upload/

At least two people seemed to have problems downloading
the I took the opportunity and cleaned
it up (the original NeXT mail from John Carmack had lots
of CR/LF inserts breaking up brushes - a brush apparently
has to be defined in a single line/removed the "wad" key/
removed "angle"/added "message"/moved "classname" to top),
and checked it with QuakeEd.

The download problems might be NerdsCraps fault - use
SaveLinkAs, beware that the friggin decompresses on the

Observations I made on the occasion:

a) the POV can be moved with mouse drag&drop,
in both XYView and ZScrollView
b) no auto-center is performed in XY View
c) no auto-detect of current height is done
d) on a NeXT cube, PageUp/Down for "next floor up/down"
is not available - use ZScroll drag as workaround
e) besides being smaller than jrbase1, test1 seems
to be slower (or I am getting impatient :)

You might get loads of warnings
"Entity with no brush and esize_model"
on loading the map (it happend with the original one,
haven`t checked again).

P.S.: 'nother thing I learned about how to do an editor
is that switching to wireframe/solid, or omitting faraway
brushes should be done automatically during movement, with
check on framerate. User sets preference, not mode.