Re: Doom2 pics with Quake palette

Brian K. Martin (
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Brian K. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: Doom2 pics with Quake palette
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

> I have updated the Palette Conversion pages at

I guess it isn't gonna work. I forgot if this was suggested,
but I think the solution (which is no solution) is to do
something like the doom convert program which converts doom2
files to doom1 or what ever.

What I mean is you just have to go and find the closest texture
match. If there is a doom texture with an average color of green,
you match it with a quake texture that is kinda green.

Of course one could try to remap the palettes by hand, and not worry
if there is a blue to white fade, make it blue to black, or green to black.
The results may not be too bad.

brian martin