Quake Source Repository

Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:01:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:01:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org, bernd@marvin.nero.uni-bonn.de
Subject: Quake Source Repository

I forgot to mention: there is a small Quake Source
Repository on the QuakeDev pages now. Currently
it includes QuakeEd, MedDLe by Brian Martin, and
the demo sources by Michael Abrash (plane clipping,
edge-sorted rasterizer) and Chris Hecker (perspective
texture mapping with pentium FDIV pipelining).
Thanks to the respective authors for permission.

I would like to invite everybody who has written
a working utility and is willing to provide the
sources to drop a uuencoded zip or an URL in my
mailbox. Note that I will remove binaries sooner
or later. Binary distribution is better done using
ftp.cdrom.com and mirrors.

The Repository is intended as some kind of archive
in which you could track down working solutions to
problems like plane-plane intersections etc.. If we
ever manage to establish a working Reference Library,
it might even save us some re-inventing the wheel.