About the new BSP format

Olivier Montanuy (montanuy@lsun80.lannion.cnet.fr)
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:36:14 +0200

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:36:14 +0200
From: Olivier Montanuy <montanuy@lsun80.lannion.cnet.fr>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: About the new BSP format

I hacked the stuff a bit (as part of my Python training course ;-)
The BSP format has really changed quite a lot: some structures have been
sized down, a new structure has been inserted, but the general idea seems
to be the same (the hulls are there, as usual).

Seems they added some more optimisation tricks to Quake 0.91, and the last
thing I wanna do is tell away their secret -- assuming I could possibly
understand it.

Anyway entities definitions and textures don't seem to have changed.
I will only publish those details that could have an impact of .MAP editors,
in term of new possibilities for the game. Of course I found none, for the
moment.

Olivier

for all you C and C++ fanatics that want a familiar language for fast prototyping,
take a look at http://www.python.org.