Re: Makefile and comments on qbsp/vis/light

Stephen Crowley (stephenc@wf.net)
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:53:21 +0000

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:53:21 +0000
From: Stephen Crowley <stephenc@wf.net>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: Makefile and comments on qbsp/vis/light

Jim Bucher wrote:

> X-gamers.org: quake-dev@gamers.org
>
> I have also made a makefile for watcom. If anyone wants it
> email me, or if noone objects, I can post it here. However,
> I was not able to get qbsp to run under DOS. I get an out of
> memory error immediately after running the program. I have
> not dug into the source to see what is going on yet. Has
> anyone tried to get qbsp to run under DOS?

I have a makefile for djgpp v2. I also get memory errors right when it starts
but when I free up 60-140mb on my drive I can run all of them. Except the only
map I can build is johnc99 the small one room map. I can also post the makefile
here if it is ok. I believe cwsdpmi.exe is limited to 128meg virtual memory but
I think it can be recompiled to allow more I will look into this.