Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

Jonathan Mavor (nstorm@sonetis.com)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:52:40 -0700

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:52:40 -0700
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
From: Jonathan Mavor <nstorm@sonetis.com>
Subject: Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

At 12:04 PM 6/27/96 +0100, you wrote:
> - are there .map versions of tworooms.bsp or first.bsp available? or
> other small levels? (other than dm1 (aka test1), johnc99 and jrbase1
> (aka e1m1)

As soon as I heard the the utilities were release I made
a super fast export to .MAP format. If you guys want to give me
the specs to a simple room I can make it up in my editor and
export to .MAP. BTW anyone know how to represent a subtract in
the .MAP file? Do you just reverse the order of the plane points?
I'll make up a small map (maybe several versions, each one
more complex) and make these .MAPs available.

Also, from what I'm hearing it sounds like someone is
going to have to either fix or re-write qbsp so that it functions
on a 16meg machine (I consider 16meg to be an acceptable minimum).

I would also greatly appreciate it if someone could send me a pkzip
archive with all of the files (as I don't have access to tar/gzip).
Bernd what about a spot on your web page for a "dossified" version
of the stuff (is that allowed?).

L8r,
Jon