Level Report

Jonathan Mavor (nstorm@sonetis.com)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:00:21 -0700

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:00:21 -0700
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
From: Jonathan Mavor <nstorm@sonetis.com>
Subject: Level Report

I'd like to report that I have my first custom map up and
running!!!! I made a map in my editor with all convex brushes and
wrote a simple exporter to .MAP format. The exporter is hardcoded
for 1 texture (because I don't have texture selection in the editor
yet). I hope I can get a .MAP export that will export all brushes
going sometime (sub's, and concaves by busting them up).

After I exported the level I edited it manually to add some
lighting in and then ran qbsp and light on it. At first vis didn't
seem to want to work because qbsp wouldn't generate a prt file
but I guess that it's working now because I'm vising in the background
as I write this.

Since we aren't supposed to distribute user levels before the
full version comes out I guess I shouldn't give it to anyone. It's such
a small map and there is nothing in it though (not as small as johnc99.map
but small and useless for anything real). What do you guys think? Maybe
some sort of limited distribution? If nothing else I'll send out some
screen shots of it....

PS vis is done took 75 seconds on my p120 -16meg