Re: Quake data structures
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 17:28:15 +0100 (MET)

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 17:28:15 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: Quake data structures

Hello again!

In my previous message to this list, I forgot to mention that you can
get the source code for the QEU library and sample programs at the
following addresses:

And now a request: in order to keep the noise level on this list as
low as possible, please do not discuss the data formats for the
moment. Actually, maybe I shouldn't have posted my message about the
data formats because some information is still missing. A new version
of the soon-to-be-world-famous Unofficial Quake Specs will be out soon
and it will be better to discuss the data structures after the
(unofficial) specs are released. Otherwise, we would get a lot of
questions here, that are probably already answered in the specs. So
please wait... We should share useful information on this list, but
unnecessary questions should be avoided, IMHO.

In the meantime, we can discuss Quake editing techniques in Fortunately, the noise level is
still rather low in that group, so it is actually usable. This is
also where general map editing problems will be discussed once we have
solved the technical problems on this list. And while I am at it, I
should thank Bernd for setting up and maintaining this list, which
will certainly become very valuable for all people who want to create
a Quake editor or help the people who are building theirs.