Re: Quake data structures

Chris Cason (Chris.Cason@oaks.com.au)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:22:44 -0800

From: "Chris Cason" <Chris.Cason@oaks.com.au>
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:22:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Quake data structures

> In the meantime, we can discuss Quake editing techniques in
> rec.games.computer.quake.editing. Fortunately, the noise level is
> still rather low in that group, so it is actually usable. This is
> also where general map editing problems will be discussed once we have
> solved the technical problems on this list. And while I am at it, I
> should thank Bernd for setting up and maintaining this list, which
> will certainly become very valuable for all people who want to create
> a Quake editor or help the people who are building theirs.

I was under the impression this time that id would be releasing some specs for
the data structures. Can anyone confirm/deny this ? We (SciTech) have been
working with id a little on a technical level (regarding video) but haven't
really had a opportunity to raise this (and probably won't, either, since
they're flat out.)

regards,

-- Chris Cason
SciTech Software
POV-Team

PS If we need a FTP/Web site, I can set up either a public or private area on
my web/ftp server, www.povray.org/ftp.povray.org. It's on a T1 so connectivity
is good.