Re: Quake data structures

Denis (d.moeller@rendsburg.netsurf.de)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 19:04:59 +0100

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 19:04:59 +0100
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
From: Denis <d.moeller@rendsburg.netsurf.de>
Subject: Re: Quake data structures

Hi!

Well, quake-hacking is coming along very quickly, everyone wants to
program editors and stuff. I like the idea from Raphael to make a
library with the basic functions to work with all sort of Quake-files.

Like many people out there, I started hacking right from the beginning
and released the first version of quip - a NWT like tool for Quake.
The ZIP contains my personal specs, all I found out while working on
quip - I guess it might be obsolete, but check it out if you like...

It would be quite interesting to know, what we will need for Quake
at the end - id 'said' that they will release their map-editor, for
Win95 and Linux - so, there's actually no need for others. Are they
going to release File-Tools and stuff too?

Well, whatever happens, I'll go on with quip - hope to see many
creative and helpful people here... :-)

P.S. quip v0.1 is on cdrom.com, quip01.zip

cya
Denis

---
Denis Moeller, author of NWT v1.3 and TiC's WAD Reviews.
e-mail: d.moeller@rendsburg.netsurf.de, #irc: panza
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2299/