Re: Quake data structures

Tom Lees (
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 21:13:12 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 21:13:12 +0000 (GMT)
From: Tom Lees <>
Subject: Re: Quake data structures

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Denis wrote:

> It would be quite interesting to know, what we will need for Quake
> at the end - id 'said' that they will release their map-editor, for
> Win95 and Linux - so, there's actually no need for others. Are they
> going to release File-Tools and stuff too?

I would be interested to know if they are planning to release the source
for their editor too: I think they also 'said' that they would release
the source code for the quake server, but with the current implementation
of it (part of quake itself), this does not look possible unless the
quake server is re-written to be external to quake itself (as well as

Tom Lees (