Re: reference library design/mdl file formats

Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:38:47 +0100 (MET)

From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:38:47 +0100 (MET)
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
Subject: Re: reference library design/mdl file formats

>From: "Brian K. Martin" <brian@phyast.pitt.edu>

>If anyone want's to learn 3d texture mapping techinques, I strongly
>recommend 3DGPL.ZIP at x2ftp.oulu.fi
>You will learn enough there to make a portable and solid 3d rendering
>engine.

I second that. It includes tutorials and source. The "x2ftp" site
is a very good repository anyway, as well as the 3D engines page
at
http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html

Also, do not underestimate Mesa. A decent library with a fast separate
data path e.g. for span blitting is a good ground to stand on.
See the wadtoiv home page on how DOOM levels might look once they are
converted for Quake :-). For now, it is just OpenInventor.

b.