Re: Question

Fri, 8 Mar 1996 13:09:56 +0100 (MET)

From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 13:09:56 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: Question

> misc. stuff on Mesa, VRML etc. deleted

Bogus. Looks like I haven't really been awake yesterday.

The main advantage of using VRML is that there are already
VRML browser/viewer. Convert whatever you want to see to
VRML scene descriptions, and load the file with one of them.
Dead slow on a PC for now, but workable and portable.

I digged up the mail on GLView at home: forwarded with next
posting. For all you Windrowsers out there :-).

There is an overview at

Modelers are available there at ../modelers.html.

VRweb (recommended for linux) is at

(possibly slow connection).

Now what you need is to get a version of qvlib running
with your program, and dump your data to a VRML file.
Depending on your browser's caps, you're done.