New info on surface.flips

Stephen Crowley (stephenc@lubricant.free.org)
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 19:31:28 -0600

From: Stephen Crowley <stephenc@lubricant.free.org>
To: "'Quake Developers'" <quake-editing@nvg.unit.no>
Subject: New info on surface.flips
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 19:31:28 -0600

Hey everyone, I've found some new info that probably needs to be put in =
the next version of the Quake Specs. There is one more bit in =
surface_t.flips that controls whether a texure is treated like a sky or =
wavy like water.

If bit4 of surface.flips is set and texture name begins with a "*" then =
it is wavy like water, else it scrolls like a sky texture.

Note: I tried changing "*water1" in test3 to "water1" and I get "Error: =
Surface extent > 255". But I eventuall'y messed around and got the water =
to look like a scrolling blob of weird textures. Very strange effect =
indeed.

I am sorry if this has already been discovered, but if it hasn't then =
whoopee! :)

Stephen Crowley