List of entity classnames

Tom Wheeley (
Tue, 26 Mar 96 03:07:12 GMT

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 03:07:12 GMT
From: Tom Wheeley <>
Subject: List of entity classnames

In article <> you write:

> BTW, I'm having a little trouble understanding how to figure the =
> distance between (0,0,0) and a plane. If anyone could enlighten me on =
> this subject I be really grateful.

Eh? How is your plane definition stored? id store their planes:

r.n-hat = d (n-hat is an `n' with a `^' circonflex (sp?) on top.)

Where `d' _is_ the distance from (0,0,0) and `r' is a general point, and `.'
is the scalar product (x1*x2+y1*y2+z1*z2). n-hat is the unit-vector stored
at the beginning of each plane entry in the BSP, it is followed by `d'.

It is hard to help without knowing just what information you do have about
your plane.

* TQ 1.0 * 101 Cheats for Quake
     Makes you go suddenly very quiet