Re: The GUI of Choice?

Brian K. Martin (brian@phyast.pitt.edu)
Tue, 7 May 1996 13:40:04 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Brian K. Martin" <brian@phyast.pitt.edu>
Subject: Re: The GUI of Choice?
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 13:40:04 -0400 (EDT)

> omitting the MDL tools written for DO(W)S, of course, whose
> authors might want to share some insights, too. Anybody?
>
> b.

I've spent some time now writing a gui for meddle (mdl tool). It isn't
the funnest thing. It is a c++ (djgpp) gui for use with grx20 lib.
If i ever finish, i'll include all source with the next meddle release.

I started off using sword, which is nice, but not quite the right type
of gui. I am planning on coding in windows as soon as I get an new hard
disk.

IMO, the gui makes or breaks an editor. In terms of newbies using an
editor, only the best gui's will survive. Now die hards will write
levels with an ascii editor, or will spend several hours learning the
editor (like the original deus). So i am as eager as anyone to hear about
a gui if you have any suggestions.

brian