Re: The GUI of Choice?

Matt Houser (mwhouser@interlog.com)
Tue, 7 May 1996 23:37:06 -0400 (EDT)

From: Matt Houser <mwhouser@interlog.com>
Subject: Re: The GUI of Choice?
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 23:37:06 -0400 (EDT)

Just to straighten some stuff up...
I've been working on Shaker for some time... it was said that I use
AfterStep for it's development... not ture... AfterStep is a window
manager for X... plain and simple...
Ok... real business, I chose to use xforms for development beause it has
most of the features looked for (previous message mentioned these)

+ Linux/X support
+ freely distributable sources & widgets
+ no OSF Motif required (optional is okay)
+ C++ or C, no scripts
+ preferably includes interface builder/editor
+ NT support higly desirable for cross-development
+ allow for Mesa/OpenGL and GLUT use

With the exception of the NT portability, xforms has all this, which
makes it good... because I don't have NT to test and NT version on...

...Matt
BTW: shaker's url is http://www.canweb.net/~fisty/shaker/ if you want to
check it out

--
Matt Houser                   IRC: Fisty
email: mwhouser@interlog.com, mwhouser@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca