Re: QuakeEd source released

Tue, 21 May 1996 12:42:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:42:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: QuakeEd source released

I updated the QuakeDev pages at http://www.gamers.org/dEngine/quake/.
There is a (preliminary) Source Overview page, the screenshots
page has been updated (the GIF files are a lot smaller), and the
links I posted earlier this month have been added.

If anybody is going to work on porting QuakeEd, I would appreciate
reports. I am considering a port using C++, wxWindows and Mesa
just as a feasibility study, and will put whatever insights on
the pages.

b.

P.S.: there is one file in DOS format, cmdlib.h - perhaps a really
ancient one :-). Besides the two screenshots itself, the other
TIFF files (icons) are in a 12bit format inaccesible to
most tools available to me, but the Gimp loads it - and vx grabs it.
Whatever it's worth. Anyone happen to know a UNIX/C-equivalent
of the UserPath lib?