Doom2 pics with Quake palette

Rob Shields (rshields@eve.net)
Sun, 09 Jun 1996 22:45:47 -0400

Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 22:45:47 -0400
From: Rob Shields <rshields@eve.net>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Doom2 pics with Quake palette

I have been able to convert the Doom2 images to use the Quake palette.
I used DMView and just extracted all of the pics, then converted them
all, mainly because I did not want to sort through 2288 images looking
for textures. We now have the 2288 Doom2 images using the Quake palette.
They take up 13.6 megabytes uncompressed, 5.5 megabytes zipped with
the -ex parameter. They mostly look the same as the originals, if
they are different they are slightly darker giving a "scarier" effect.
Now that I have these images, how should I go about getting them to
those in this mailing list who want them?

Rob Shields