Re: Editor GUI design

Olivier Montanuy (
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:37:32 +0200

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:37:32 +0200
From: Olivier Montanuy <>
Subject: Re: Editor GUI design

> If you mean like what WinTex does, I hate that two. What I had
>in mind was something where you have a main view window, and that window
>is subdivided into smaller windows. Also, I'm not too familiar with
>XWindow, so I may have no clue what you're talking about. :)

Just to let you know: the main reason why WinTex opens a dozen small windows
that keep popping out everywhere ... is because of a limitation of Visual Basic.

Of course I would prefer to have just ONE windows, and alter it's shape
depending on context. It's the best solution. I hope everyone will do that
for Quake editors!

But it's just not possible with a lame tool like VB. If you look at the
WinTex main window, it already has 4 overlapped frames (with only one visible)
and that's enough to make Vb crawl like hell.

(WinTex runs fast on a P200)