Off topic : Delphi

Mads Dydensborg (
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:29:15 +0200 (METDST)

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:29:15 +0200 (METDST)
From: Mads Dydensborg <>
Subject: Off topic : Delphi

NOTE : This message concerns Delphi and is meant primarily for
Quake developers (wannabe's), that would like to develop using
If you want to reply/comment, you should answer to me
personally, unless b. gives a green light for discussion.
(Hope this one starter is OK. Don't flame, please).

There has been some people commenting about Delphi, and ease of
use, etc. I too use Delphi (and prefer it to both C(++) and VB)
I would like to hear if there is a general interest among Delphi-
subscribers to this list, in establishing some Delphi-Quake forum?

The forum should off course be regarded as an supplement to
this list and other ressources (like the developer pages, etc),
and should just help Delphi programmers with implementing
Quake related stuff.

I personally could envision that the forum could contain
information as :
- interfacing with OpenGL.
- interfacing with DirectDraw
- BSP file handling routines
- PVS building routines
- MAP handling routines
- CSG handling routines
- MipMap handling routines (Well, I did write something here ;-)
- etc

All of these will propably quickly be available with C(++) interfaces,
but I, for one, would like to have some true Delphi code to work with.

Would anyone else care to contribute to something like this?

Please answer directly to (unless you dare cross
b.'s directions.)

(Once again : Please forgive me for beeing slightly off-topic).

| Mads Bondo Dydensborg. Student at DIKU, Copenhagen - Denmark. |
| Email: www: |