persisting servers and role playing

S. Patrick Gallaty (patrick@diva.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 21:52:56 +08:0

From: "S. Patrick Gallaty" <patrick@diva.com>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 21:52:56 +08:0
Subject: persisting servers and role playing

I am curious to find out how many people here are interested in
making servers with persisting characters, and are going to use quake
to make an online MUD type of game?

I for instance am one of those types who appreciates the hacking and
toolmaking but my real skill is building worlds and organizing other
people into coding efforts (I'm an archwiz on a large LPMUD).

My plans are to make a game that's like the book 'Starship Troopers',
with randomly generated missions, dropships, vehicles, etc. but with
persisting characters and skill increases etc.

I am interested to see how many others are interested in this same
paradigm. I am willing to digest the answers to keep the traffic
here down, or whatever.

--
S. Patrick Gallaty, Systems Administrator
"Kein Vergnuegen ohne Gefahr!"