Re: My Quake Editor

Casey Barton (casey@e-Commerce.Com)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 18:00:32 -0400

From: casey@e-Commerce.Com (Casey Barton)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 18:00:32 -0400
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: My Quake Editor

On Jun 25, 2:05pm, Jonathan Mavor wrote:
> The one interesting thing about my editor is that I'm
> allow concave brushes to be used. When I export to quake .MAP
> format these brushes will be broken up into multiple convex
> brushes.

This feature is undoubtedly going to make the difference between a useable and
unusable editor. It fantastic that you've already tackled the problem!

One post here a short while ago pointed out the fact that a standard
brush file format for Quake editors would be a great thing for the
community to have. An archive of complex brushes on the net could reduce
the time needed to put together a nice level by an order of magnitude.

[Lots of cool features and ambitious plans deleted]

> I'm going to be choosing
> some beta testers soon to release my editor to (once I get
> the tmapping and texture selection in).

I'd love to be a part of this!

--
Casey Barton (a guy) | casey@e-commerce.com | www.e-commerce.com/~casey