Re: Standard configuration file

Matt Houser (mwhouser@interlog.com)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

From: Matt Houser <mwhouser@interlog.com>
Subject: Re: Standard configuration file
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

> On the otherhand, I would like to see a standard way for everyone to
> store their brushes (a brush file). I haven't looked at the quake ed
> source, but I would like to have this standard. Then I can make a brush
> editor, and all the map editors could use each others brushes.

Working on shaker, I thought that a separate Brush editor would be
beneficial...
Right now I have "Brush" files that simply are the "brush" part from the
.map files. So loading a brush from a .map file is as easy as loading
from my "brush" files.

Anyways, a standard would be nice, that way _I_ wouldn't have to worry
about a brush editor and other people, could focus on that.

...Matt

--
Matt Houser                   IRC: Fisty
email: mwhouser@interlog.com, mwhouser@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca