ADMIN: final warning

Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:09:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:09:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org, bernd@marvin.nero.uni-bonn.de
Subject: ADMIN: final warning

Please consider this your final warning: discussing
of leaked beta3, hacking the POP check or the CRC's,
and any related activity will have you unsubscribed
w/o notification and locked from the list.

If you are concerned about issues that might
significantly decrease id Software's revenue by
illegal activity, I suggest contacting id Software
directly. If you have found a severe flaw in their
current concept, they will surely appreciate both
a detailed description, and your discretion until
a fix is available.

Both id Software and we are walking a thin line here,
and I would hate to see their willingness to hand us
an open architecture rewarded by publishing this kind
of hacks. I will not tolerate any further discussion on
this list that might intentionally or unwillingly help
people to work around the POP mechanism.

b.