Re: Info from John Carmack (12)

Ryan Drake (stiletto@psu.edu)
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:15:14 -0400

From: "Ryan Drake" <stiletto@psu.edu>
To: <quake-dev@gamers.org>
Subject: Re: Info from John Carmack (12)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:15:14 -0400

The last "Info from John Carmack has inspired me to write a "Quake Add-on
manager" to allow dos-illiterate end users to painlessly
install/remove/manage/launch add-on levels. If anyone has any ideas as
far as cool features for this, please email me privately - i doubt
discussion
about what is essentially an "installer" is appropriate for the list.

> In Quake, almost all of the game characteristics are in the interpreted
> progs.dat file

Has anyone looked at the PROGS.DAT file yet? I would imagine its
complexities
warrant another list altogether!

--
| Ryan Drake			Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.	|
| stiletto@psu.edu					-- Mark Harrold	|