Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

jschuur@onlinemagic.com
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:24:19 +0100 (BST)

From: jschuur@onlinemagic.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:24:19 +0100 (BST)
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se wrote:

> I get exactly the same results during the "MergeAll" phase for
> dm1.map. I ran gdb to find out what was wrong, and... I found
> nothing. It crashes during an operation on vectors and I see nothing
> wrong there (the pointers point to valid locations and there are no
> unaligned data accesses). Maybe this is a memory problem? I had

this was a 128 meg machine with at least half that memory free and
plenty of swap space. i don't think it can be a memory problem if we're
only using johnc99.map (it only took a few seconds to run)

> file. Well, I also have a tool called "stealtex", which steals textures
> from a BSP file and puts them back into a WAD2 file, but I don't think I
> should release that one. Hmmm... But it looks like this is the tool you
> want, so maybe I will release it after all. But with a big warning about
> copyright issues, derivative works and such.

considering the previous forwarded mail from john carmack and the
license that comes with quake i think you can release this. looking
forward to it.

> (Gee, why am I wasting my time writing this instead of finishing my work?)

i ask myself that all the time.

</j>

-= joost schuur tel - +44 171 820 7766 =-
-= software person email - jschuur@onlinemagic.com =-
-= online magic ltd, london www - http://www.nuqneH.org/~jschuur/ =-