Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:56:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:56:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

>i went to the dEngine web site and got johnc99.map, adn added a
>"1.000000 1.000000" at the end of each hull definition,

In the ./archive/ section there is a maps subdirectory,
in which you will find the map files I used with QuakeEd,
including an already fixed johnc99.map. As soon as we get
the texture references figured out, I will add the "wad"
lines, etc.

>Bus error
Reproduced, happens with dm1.map as well. Solais 2.5 and
gcc-2.7.2. It is in tjunc.c/FindEdge() (if this is not
a bogus), in the VectorSubtract macro (do not use macros,
my mother always told me). I will leave this to those
who prefer a C version :-).

Here's what I will do: compile it as C++, and replace
the CPP defines with inlines and consts. I threw in all
the C warnings GCC supports on top of -Wall, and got
drowned in conversions, missing prototypes etc. - I want
a C++ version anyway. This will be maintained with CVS,
and I will happily include all bug fixes, patches and
Makefiles anybody wants to submit.

b.

P.S.: it works under Linux, btw. :-) until it needs the
gfx/medieval.wad. Now where's that unpack...

P.P.S.: I had a hard time getting the archive (got it
from www.stomped.com/files.html, finally), and I
am currently unable to get connection to upload it
on www.gamers.org in the ./archive/ section, so
better not look for it there.