Re: Makefile and comments on qbsp/vis/light

Jonathan Mavor (nstorm@sonetis.com)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:33:21 -0700

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:33:21 -0700
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
From: Jonathan Mavor <nstorm@sonetis.com>
Subject: Re: Makefile and comments on qbsp/vis/light

At 10:04 AM 6/27/96 -0500, you wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Jim Bucher wrote:
>
> I haven't tried, but I'm speculating that perhaps with an
>unlimited swapfile under win95, and a lot of free hard drive space, it
>just might be possible to get it to run.

I'd like to report a sucessful compilation of DM1.MAP. Actually
it crapped out at the end saying it couldn't find the wad file but
the portals and hulls are there. I freed up about 128meg of disk
space (first time I ran was with 27meg free and it crashed).

Instead of using a makfile, I loaded up developer studio
and put all of the files for qbsp into the project workspace. I
started off the project as a console app (which is what qbsp really
is).

I have a P120, 16meg running Win95 (yes it worked under 95!!).
As soon as a I get a wad file (ANY WAD FILE) I expect to be able to
put a simple 2 room level into quake exported from my editor (with
whatever texture I can get into a wad2).

L8r,
Jon

PS I already have the tools so no more .ZIP files please!! ;)