Shareware Textures in WAD2

Michael Stokes (stokfam@wisdom.psinet.net.au)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:28:44 +0800

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:28:44 +0800
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
From: stokfam@wisdom.psinet.net.au (Michael Stokes)
Subject: Shareware Textures in WAD2

I have just uploaded a program that can convert the textures in BSP files
into a large WAD2 file. It automatically extracts the maps from the pack
file if not already done so.

I have tested it by re-extracting the textures, and also by using it with
QBSP to generate a level (johnc99)..

It is uploaded at ftp.cdrom.com/idgames/quake/incoming
I uploaded 3 versions of it..oops..I kept making last minute changes.
The actual file is mk_wad2.zip.really.fixed. Hopefully Joost the archive
maintainer will work out what I did..if not then perhaps he's reading this.
:)

Because I only have a DX/2 66 with 8MB ram I can't test it with QBSP'ing
other levels. Let me know how you go..

Mike.
Michael J Stokes <stokfam@mail.psinet.net.au>
http://www.psinet.net.au/~stokfam