QuakeEd 1.2 upload/test1.map

Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:51:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:51:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org, bernd@marvin.nero.uni-bonn.de
Subject: QuakeEd 1.2 upload/test1.map

I have uploaded with permission on

http://www.gamers.org/dEngine/archive/

the following files:

QuakeEd-1.2.bin.next-m68k.tgz - a QuakeEd binary
QuakeEd-1.2.src.tgz - the current source version
QuakeEd-1.2.map.tgz - map files, including test1
test1.map.gz - the qtest1 test1.map file

This is not a production release, but it should be useful to
anybody having occasional access to a NeXT (like me) and trying
to design a GUI for editing. You might even be able to do some
map editing. There is no miptex support (yet). Later releases
will find their way to ftp.cdrom.com, but I do not think 1.2
is ready for widespread use. Please let me know about any
problems ASAP.

In addition, John Carmack released the test1.map source as used in
the Quake qtest1 release. This offers every BSP builder out there
a chance to compare the results on test1.map against the BSP file
in qtest1.

To anybody working with/modifying QuakeEd: I am maintaing the
current sources with CVS. Please send me any patches/diffs/
extensions you are doing, and I will incorporate them in the base.
You NeXT guys currently have an advantage :-) but by the time
NeXTQuake might be available, QuakeEd might still be the only
working editor available to you, so it makes sense to take care
of it.

Thanks to Steve Larsen who provided his sources and patches for
this release, and to Jean-Paul, Jan and Jelske for providing help
and NeXT access. Thanks to Vareck Bostrom as well.

b.