Editor advice Needed.

bstastnX@td2cad.intel.com
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:54:18 -0700

From: bstastnX@td2cad.intel.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:54:18 -0700
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Editor advice Needed.

Hello,
I claim not to be a graphics guru so forgive me if this is simple by
everyones standards but I Have Looked for this information (Graphics Gems,
Book Store) and I can not find a working solution.

I am reading in the .map quake level files and can find the intersection
of the planes of a Brush. I would like to make these planes into sides of
a polygon. The problem is that I can not get the points into a clockwise
ordering. Does anyone know a solution that will take into account concave
polygons?

OR

Should I be creating some type other type of structure that overcomes this
problem. An Edge list of some sort? (not sure if this would even overcome
my problem)

Since some of you have working level viewers I was wonder if you could share
your general approach with me/others?

now you can get back to you talk about PVS Generation :)

thanks,
bret