Re: Standard configuration file

Jonathan Mavor (nstorm@sonetis.com)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 22:20:17 -0700

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 22:20:17 -0700
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
From: Jonathan Mavor <nstorm@sonetis.com>
Subject: Re: Standard configuration file

At 11:33 PM 6/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Right now I have "Brush" files that simply are the "brush" part from the
>.map files. So loading a brush from a .map file is as easy as loading
>from my "brush" files.
>
>Anyways, a standard would be nice, that way _I_ wouldn't have to worry
>about a brush editor and other people, could focus on that.

I agree, I think that is a good standard. However,
since my editor can use concave brushes when I save them out
to this format I have to break them up into multiple concave
brushes. If nobody else is going to use concave then I'll probably
just have my own format for my brushes, but also will load
.MAP style brushes, as well as export (but busted up which
is sub-optimal).

Hopefully, I'll have a decently fast perspective
texturemapper in my engine by the end of the week.

L8r,
Jon